Our Best Fishing Jokes | Reel Coquina Fishing
Do you like fishing? Do you even like jokes? If so, then you're going to love these fishing jokes! We've put together the funniest fishing jokes we could find, and we're sure you'll enjoy them. Whether you're a seasoned fisherman or just starting, these fishing jokes are sure to make you laugh. So grab your pole (and a beer) and get ready for some laughs!
Many Kinds of Fishing Jokes
Fishing requires time and patience. What’s better than some funny jokes while fishing? There are many fishing jokes themes out there:
- corny fishing jokes
- fishing dad jokes
- kids jokes
- fisherman wife jokes
- fishing puns
- fishing memes
- old pearls of wisdom or parabolas
And more! Whether you're looking for a laugh or trying to impress your fishing buddies with your wit, we've got you covered.
Top One-line Fishing Jokes
Let's warm up with one-liners that are also safe for children.
- Why did the fisherman put his money in the freezer? He wanted cold hard cash!
- What do fish say when they hit a concrete wall? Damn!
- Don't know why my fishing buddy is worried about the coronavirus. He never catches anything!
- What do you say to a fisherman on his birthday? Hope you have a reely good day!
Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for the whole day. Teach a man to fish, and you'll get rid of him for the whole weekend!
- You can tune a guitar, but you can’t tuna fish. Unless, of course, you play bass!
- What do you call bad bait? A fail-lure!
- I became a professional fisherman but discovered I couldn't live on my net income!
- Why did the fisherman hang up on his boss? Because he had something on the other line!
- Sorry, I told those bad fishing jokes. I feel gill-ty!
Corny Fishing Jokes
A corny fishing joke might not be the funniest thing in the world, but it'll definitely make everyone laugh (if the kids are not around). Funny fishing jokes are always a hit, but sometimes you just want a bad fishing joke. Here are a few.
- What do you call a girl hanging off the side of a fishing boat? Annette!
- Q: Why did the fish blush? A: Because it saw the ocean's bottom.
Long but Good Fishing Jokes
Ready for some long (and funny) finishing jokes with a good punchline? Here are three good ones!
#1: Fishing on a frozen lake
"It was a cold winter day. An old man walked out onto a frozen lake, cut a hole in the ice, dropped in his fishing line, and waited patiently for a bite. He was there for almost an hour, without even a nibble when a young boy walked out onto the ice and cut a hole in the ice next to him.
The young boy dropped his fishing line, and minutes later, he hooked a Largemouth Bass.
The old man couldn't believe his eyes but chalked it up to plain luck.
Shortly after that, the young boy pulled in another large catch. The young boy kept catching fish after fish. Finally, the old man couldn't take it any longer.
"Son," he said, "I've been here for over an hour without even a nibble.
You've been here only a few minutes and have caught a half dozen fish!
How do you do it?"
The boy responded, "Roo raf roo reep ra rums rrarm."
"What was that?" the old man asked.
Again the boy responded, "Roo raf roo reep ra rums rarrm."
"Look," said the old man, "I can't understand a word you're saying."
The boy spat the bait into his hand and said... "You have to keep the worms warm!"
#2: Pet fish
"A woman is walking on a beach in Texas carrying two fish in a bucket. A game warden walks up and asks to see her fishing license.
“I don’t have a fishing license,” says the woman.
“You know it’s illegal to fish without a license, right?” asks the warden.
“I wasn’t fishing, officer. These Redfish are my pets.”
"Yes, officer. They like a little exercise, so when the weather's fine, I take them to the water and let them swim around. Once they're done, I give them a whistle, and they jump back into my bucket, and we head home."
The officer isn’t buying a word of it, so the woman says, “Don’t believe me? Watch!” and she throws the fish into the sea.
The warden waits for a minute, then says, "Alright, now whistle to your fish and make them jump out of the water."
The fisherwoman turns to the officer and says, “What fish?”
#3: Canadian ice fishing
A Canadian angler had a few too many beers and decided to go ice fishing. He grabbed his gear, stepped out onto the ice, and started to cut a hole when he heard a booming voice shout:
“THERE ARE NO FISH UNDER THE ICE!”
The man jumped up and looked around, but he didn’t see anyone. He carried on cutting into the ice, and again, the voice boomed:
”THERE ARE NO FISH UNDER THE ICE!”
Still nobody. Was he going mad? The man stumbled to a new spot and started drilling another hole when the voice shouted for the third time:
”THERE ARE NO FISH UNDER THE ICE!”
The man looked up into the blinding light and said ”Is that you, God?”
The voice answered, "NO, YOU IDIOT. IT'S THE MANAGER OF THE ICE RINK!"
Top 12 Kids Fishing Jokes
- Where do fish sleep? On a water bed!
- What do you say if you find a fish using the toilet? Did I catch you at a bad time?
- Why do fish live in saltwater? Because pepper makes them sneeze!
- What do you call a fish with no eye? A fsh!
- What does the Loch Ness monster eat? Fish and ships!
- What kind of music should you listen to while fishing? Something catchy!
- What do fish take to stay healthy? Vitamin Sea!
- Why are fish good lawyers? Because they like to de-bait!
- How can you tell the pufferfish had too much salt at dinner? He's looking a little blow-ted!
- Why are fish so smart? Because they live in schools!
- What is the most fun game for a family of fish to play? Salmon says.
- What do you call a fake koi fish? A de koi
Good Fishing Humor to Contemplate Life
Now, let us share this timeless well-known story and a few cartoons that will make you not just smile but contemplate your life.
A fisherman and a businessman parable
A successful businessman on vacation was at the pier of a small coastal village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellowfin tuna. The businessman complimented the fisherman on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took to catch them.
The fisherman proudly replied, “Every morning, I go out in my boat for 30 minutes to fish. I’m the best fisherman in the village”.
The businessman, perplexed, then asks the fisherman, "If you're the best, why don't you stay out longer and catch more fish? What do you do the rest of the day?"
The fisherman replied, "I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, spend quality time with my wife, and every evening we stroll into the village to drink wine and play guitar with our friends. I have a full and happy life."
The businessman scoffed, "I am successful CEO and have a talent for spotting business opportunities. I can help you be more successful. You should spend more time fishing and, with the proceeds, buy a bigger boat. With the proceeds from the bigger boat, you could buy several boats. Eventually, you would have a fleet of fishing boats with many fishermen. Instead of selling your catch to just your friends, you can scale to sell fish to thousands. You could leave this small coastal fishing village and move to the big city, where you can oversee your growing empire."
The fisherman asked, “But, how long will this all take?”
To which the businessman replied, “15 – 20 years.”
“But what then?” Asked the fisherman.
The businessman laughed and said, "That's the best part. When the time is right, you would announce an IPO and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich. You would make millions!"
“Millions – then what?”
The businessman said, “Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, spend time with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play your guitar with your friends.”
And finally, to end on a light note, check out our collection of random fishing comic strips and cartoons!
Have fun fishing!
MORE FISHING TIPS FOR ST. PETERSBURG, FLORIDA
- The Benefits of Fishing: Why you Should Go Fishing
- How to Read a Tide Chart for Fishing and Boating
- How to Store Your Fish After Catching It
- Saltwater Fishing: 9 Useful Fishing Tips For Beginners
- Fishing Licenses and Permits in St Petersburg, Florida
- How to Prevent Sea Sickness while Fishing
- St Petersburg, Florida Deep Sea Fishing in the Winter
- How to Set Up Fishing Rod: A Beginners Guide
- 13 Fishing Tips on How to Get Ready for Your Deep Sea Fishing Charter
- All About Illegal Fishing Charters and Tours